1. Create an analogy for a sacrament: Identify the Form, the Matter, the Minister, the Properly Disposed Recipient, and the Graces of the analogous thing. (See notes for example from class.)
2. Why does the Church utilize a liturgical ritual for the celebration of the Sacraments? Why not simply let the priest create his own format or let the spirit move him, or “wing it”?
3. Why does the church utilize tangible, earthly things as part of religious rituals? Shouldn’t we be more concerned with our spirit?4. Our culture’s understanding of sacramental has almost transformed into superstition or “good luck charms”. How can we change that for the better?
1. Be able to identify the Form, Matter, Minister, & Properly disposed recipient.
2. Name and elaborate upon the effects of Baptism on the soul of the recipient.
3. Explain why Catholics retain the practice of the baptism of infants.
4. Describe the symbolic items presented during the rite of baptism and the significance of each.5. Why can baptism not be repeated? What would a Catholic response be to one’s claim of having been baptized multiple times?
Sacraments of Intiation
Grace (4 different types)